12.05.2008

Festival of Trees 2008





For the second year we went to the Banner Gateway Festival of Trees Gala. It was so fun. Different from last year because there were not as many trees, but they did have wreathes, gingerbread houses and other things to big on. Plus this year we knew a lot more people there, including the Treece family and the Nielsen family and our good friend Susan Haviland- who came with us. We had a fun time. Although it was FREEZING in the tents- the food was yummy, dessert especially. 

Cindi my MIL managed to leave with another tree this year! It was the cutest one there hands down (it's the one in the red pot at the top of the post). There were a lot of variety including the all pink one and that cool burgundy one-- oh oh and the all white one, loved it. But the most creative one was from the Jeremiah's Closet (BGMC Peds & OB tree) it was all decorated in candy and gum. The frames were made of gum packages and the garland. It was so {sweet}.

Be on the look out for next year, it supports such a great charity. It raises money for parents who can't afford car seats for their preemies and replaces those that are damaged in car crashes, plus a bunch of other stuff. Thanks for the invite Pops!

14 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

I love the one in the red pot too. You rarely post pics of yourself so it's nice to see your pretty face.

Robyn said...

looks you are having fun being all festive and stuff.Oh and that pic of you w/Rhonda and Talia is so good of all of you(even Berk in the background)

Caryn said...

Rob that is Brae not Berk! He IS almost the same size though.

Alma said...

Imagine that - time to check out your blog. Enjoyed both this one and the Thanksgiving one. Your house looks darling, (specially Berk's part of the Christmas tree.) Love your new wreath and how you've done the stairs! And I'm glad your kids are well, again!

KellyAnn said...

I love Festival of Trees. I didn't get to the one in Salt Lake this year but they are so neat and such a wonderful cause.

Mendy said...

Love those trees! Is the red and white the one that Cindi bought? Lookin good in the formal dress!

Jen & Blake said...

I agree the one Cindi got is the cutest! That looks like such a fin time:) Loved the pics.

Kayla said...

how fun! makes me want to add a second tree to my house and try out a few of the ideas:)

Genny said...

I'm so glad you put that poll at the top of your blog because I have been wondering that exact same thing lately!

mattnbeth said...

what a fun tradition. i love the christmas trees.

Kelli said...

So pretty! How neat that you are able to attend this each year!

Amanda said...

Those are all so pretty! I am not one of those creative people that can come up with things like that on my own. They are so beautiful!

Marcie and Holly said...

That looks like so much fun! Everyone looks stunning! I love all the trees (especially the one Cindy got!)

kiddle97 said...

How festive and fun. Was this year's festival for any particular charity? The cause for next year sounds awesome.

As I play catch up, posts will appear in chronological order so, scroll down because there is sure to be a new post below...